Home page logo
/

funsec logo funsec mailing list archives

Re: 2013 predictions...
From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 10:17:49 -0500

On Sun, Dec 09, 2012 at 12:25:50PM -0600, Dan White wrote:
Mobile offers homogeneous targets, but also targets which can be fixed,
overnight, by vendors with deep pockets.

I don't see how, but maybe I'm not reading this as intended.  If malware
has asserted control of a mobile device, can't it prevent the fix from
being downloaded?  (Or, alternatively, simply lie to the user about
the status of the download?)

---rsk