mailing list archives
CarolinaCon-10 / 2014 - Call for Presenters/Speakers
From: Vic Vandal <vvandal () well com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 21:08:17 -0800 (PST)
h4x0rs, stuff breakers, InfoSec pros, g33k girls, international spies, and script kidz,
CarolinaCon-10 will occur on May 16th-18th 2014 in Raleigh NC (USA). We are now officially accepting
speaker/paper/demo submissions for the event.
If you are somewhat knowledgeable in any interesting field of hacking, technology, robotics, science, global
thermonuclear war, etc. (but mostly hacking), and are interested in presenting at CarolinaCon-10, we cordially invite
you to submit your proposal. Please send;
- your name or handle/alias
- the presentation name/title
- a brief topic abstract (1-2 paragraphs)
- the estimated time-length of your presentation
- a brief bio (100% optional item, but if your talk is chosen it saves the time and trouble of asking for it later)
....via e-mail to:
*NOTE: All submissions are due BY February 28, 2014. However we may be making some early selections this year from
amongst the submissions, so please be timely in submission if you're committed to being part of the elite cadre of
chosen presenters. We value diversity so please don't hesitate to propose your ideas no matter how outlandish.
If you present at the Con, you will receive;
- free CarolinaCon admission for you and one guest
- one free CarolinaCon-10 T-shirt (l33t)
- free transportation between RDU airport and the conference hotel (if needed)
- minimal fame, glory, and possibly even notoriety
- mad props and much love from our staff and attendees
SPONSORS and/or VENDORS:
We don't accept any, so please don't bother asking. Capitalism (what you vendor/sponsor types do) and philanthropic
knowledge-sharing (what we do) don't mix in our opinion. We keep our admission price to the bare minimum to cover our
venue and equipment expenses. All of our staff are volunteers who generously donate their time and energy. All of our
presenters generously donate their time and talent. The only items sold at CarolinaCon are a limited quantity of
single-design CarolinaCon t-shirts....and we only make and sell those because attendees and staff want them (and
because they're cool).
If you are interested in attending, watch this space for more details:
...and don't forget to mark the May 2014 dates on your calendar.
If you have any important (as in not-dumb and not-spam) inquiries about the event you can send email to:
We look forward to seeing you at our 2014 event.
Fun and Misc security discussion for OT posts.
Note: funsec is a public and open mailing list.
- CarolinaCon-10 / 2014 - Call for Presenters/Speakers Vic Vandal (Dec 03)