Home page logo
/

funsec logo funsec mailing list archives

Re: Job Security!!!!
From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 13:08:13 -0500

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:00:23 -0800, "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" said:
Apparently the new Cisco annual security report for 2014 says that some time
this year the industry will be short more than a million security professionals.

(I'd break out the champagne, except that I recall a Gartner report from a decade
ago that said the US alone would need a quarter million CISSPs as of that time.

Apples, Oranges.  Security professionals, CISSPs.