Home page logo
/

honeypots logo Honeypots mailing list archives

Automated Static Malware Analysis with Pythonect
From: Itzik Kotler <xorninja () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 11:28:30 +0300

Hi All,

I wanted to share with you a post I wrote about how to automate static
malware analysis with Pythonect:

http://blog.ikotler.org/2012/08/automated-static-malware-analysis-with.html

Pythonect is a new, experimental, general-purpose dataflow programming
language based on Python.

In this post I explain the benefits of using dataflow programming in
research and analysis of malware.

Additionally I have provided some examples: computing MD5 and SHA1
digests, searching for all the INT 3 instructions occurrences, and
Shannon's entropy calculation.

I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me on the content.

Regards,
Itzik Kotler | http://www.ikotler.org

  By Date           By Thread