Home page logo
/

interesting-people logo Interesting People mailing list archives

time for some more humor -- telephone roulette
From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 1995 22:26:42 -0500

I was about to use the IBM Advantis access number in
Wilmington Delaware and wanted to know how much it costs
from my home -- many numbers in Wilmington are free for me.
So I call Bell Atlantic   operator and say how much to call
to call (it is in their area and the same as mine).

They cannot find a rate. The exhange exists but no rate is available.

I guess I call and find out whether it is a free call or a
toll call or what ever when I get  my bill. Just like Las
Vegas roll it and see!!!

Dave

ps Bell Atlantic also has NEVER been able to give me a rate
to a same area mobile telephone number. Just does not show
in their records (IT DOES SHOW in the their billing
information).

Where is Ma Bell when we need her!!!!

  By Date           By Thread