Home page logo
/

interesting-people logo Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: FYI - Web Society
From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 16:30:16 +0900

At 3:24 PM 5.29.95, Tony Rutkowski wrote:
Dan,

This is my first exposure ot the "Web Society".  My initial reaction is one
of perplexity and sadness that the ISOC does not seem like a natural home
for people who support the Web Society's aims.  Looks to me like a heck of
a lot of overlap here.  Is there anything that can be done to make it feel
at home as a part of ISOC?

NCSA's Joe Hardin reviewed this development with us a few days ago.
The Web Society not only overlaps ISOC, but also the W3 Conference
organization that could possible be merged under ISOC.

An ISOC WWW "chapter" or special interest group would probably
take care of the matter.

--tony

h so, so ISOC is a Society of Societies

  By Date           By Thread