Home page logo
/

interesting-people logo Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Strongly recommended --GLOCOM Platform - Japanese news, opinions and debates
From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 14:38:21 -0700

As a Senior Fellow of Glocom and a Visiting Professor of their parent
insitution, I can strongly recommend their site for Japanese issues and for
Asia also.

Dave

Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 20:50:50 +0900
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: Adam Peake <ajp () glocom ac jp>
Subject: GLOCOM Platform - Japanese news, opinions and debates

(I hope you will think this interesting for IP, thanks Adam)

Dave,

We recently began a project "GLOCOM Platform" as an online venue where
Japanese opinion leaders can express their views and exchange ideas with
the global community on issues relating to Japan's domestic and
international affairs.  Project URL is <http://www.glocom.org/>

In April we published position papers on the end of the Obuchi
administration and the late Prime Minster's political legacy, and conducted
a debate evaluating Obuchi's economic policy and future economic prospects
for Japan.

This month we are focusing on the revitalization of Asia after the recent
economic crisis.  Preliminary discussion of May's debate theme "What Caused
the Asian Crisis and How to Prevent Its Recurrence" is underway,
<http://www.glocom.org/debates/200005_asian_crisis/pre_discussion.html> The
full debate on May 24 will respond to public comments -- comments and
observations on the preliminary discussion to <debate () glocom ac jp>

Adam

Adam Peake
GLOCOM  Tokyo
<http://www.glocom.ac.jp>