Home page logo
/

interesting-people logo Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Freedom and Home Science
From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:24:44 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

Date: August 14, 2008 9:46:00 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: PLEASE REMOVE MY IDENTITY IF YOU POST Re: Freedom and Home Science

I left communist Bulgaria for the US 17 years ago. I have never been back, but still have vivid memories of the police state I left behind.

Recently I met a young Bulgarian fellow who had just arrived in the US to continue his education. I asked him how he liked the US. He said he didn't. I asked him why. He said: "Too much police."