From: dewayne () warpspeed com (Dewayne Hendricks)
Date: August 15, 2008 1:36:59 PM EDT
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <xyzzy () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] How the $20 first-time cellphone-in-car
penalty will cost you $97
[Note: This item comes from friend Janos Gereben. DLH]
From: janosG <janosg () gmail com>
Date: August 15, 2008 9:48:05 AM PDT
Subject: How the $20 first-time cellphone-in-car penalty will cost
[A stupid law, with outrageously inflated penalty - and I say that
without having been caught yet!...:)]
<<Here is the breakdown for a cell phone citation based on fees in
Santa Clara County and in San Jose. Fees vary slightly from county
• Base fine: $20.
• State penalty: $20.
• State courthouse security fee: $20.
• County penalty: $14.
• County prior search fee: $10.
• State court construction fund: $7.
• State criminal penalty surcharge: $4.
• Proposition 69 DNA sampling: $2.
• Total cost: $97.>>RSS Feed: <http://www.warpspeed.com/wordpress>