Home page logo
/

interesting-people logo Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: NSF and the Birth of the Internet
From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:43:31 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Michael Slavitch" <slavitch () gmail com>
Date: August 19, 2008 12:58:17 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Re:        NSF and the Birth of the Internet

I still have my 3 ring binder copy of the USENET Cookbook sitting next to my copy of How To Cook Everything* and The Graduate Students Guide To Indian Cooking. Like all armies early Internet users travelled on their stomachs.

*It is a name full of hubris given that the USENET Cookbook has recipes for both milobinder and muskrat (once considered to be fish on fridays in the upper peninsula). The pavlova recipe is lovely.

Michael Slavitch
Ottawa Ontario Canada