Home page logo
/

interesting-people logo Interesting People mailing list archives

Comcast Will Slow Heavy Web Users' Traffic for Up to 20 MinutesCan anyone define --
From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:22:41 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bob Frankston" <Bob19-0501 () bobf frankston com>
Date: August 21, 2008 10:35:23 AM EDT
To: <dave () farber net>, "'ip'" <ip () v2 listbox com>
Cc: "'Lauren Weinstein'" <lauren () vortex com>
Subject: RE: [IP] Comcast Will Slow Heavy Web Users' Traffic for Up to 20 Minutes

Can someone give me a technical explanation of "heavy use" and "slowdown"?

Comcast continues to act like, well, a TV company that doesn’t want us to look behind the curtain. They have not earned the trust needed to control our vital means of communicating among ourselves. We need to be more than monetized viewers.

I also fear a new round of myths as per an article in today’s NYT giving advice on how to deal with that clogged Internet.