Home page logo
/

interesting-people logo Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: ScientificAmerican.com: How RFID Tags Could Be Used to Track Unsuspecting People
From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:00:41 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mike Godwin <mnemonic () gmail com>
Date: August 25, 2008 8:26:56 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: "ip" <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: ScientificAmerican.com: How RFID Tags Could Be Used to Track Unsuspecting People

Dave,

One of the important points made by Karl Popper, a very influential philosopher of science, is that questions of origin are not questions of validity. In short, knowing what Albrecht's religious views are doesn't tell us anything about whether what she says is true. My own views about religion are hardly the same as Albrecht's, but I take her criticisms regarding RFIDs quite seriously.

--Mike Godwin
General Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation