Home page logo
/

interesting-people logo Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: DO READ Quickie Privacy Analysis of Google's New "Chrome" Web Browser
From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 17:38:34 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Peter Moody" <peter.moody () gmail com>
Date: September 3, 2008 5:19:32 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: DO READ Quickie Privacy Analysis of Google's New "Chrome" Web Browser

It should be noted that the inclusion of this in the EULA was an
error. As has been noted by others, it's in the process of being
fixed.

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/google-chrome-license-agreement/
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080903-google-on-chrome-eula-controversy-our-bad-well-change-it.html

indeed, when I look at section 11 of the eula right now, it says:

11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in
Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

full-disclosure: I still work for google, but not on chrome or the
legal team or any team that had anything to do with this eula.