Home page logo
/

interesting-people logo Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Sen. Charles Grassley suggested AIG executives should take a Japanese approach
From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:35:15 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "David S. Isenberg (isen)" <isen () isen com>
Date: March 17, 2009 1:42:44 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>, rjr () rjriley com
Subject: Re: [IP] Sen. Charles Grassley suggested AIG executives should take a Japanese approach

Ronald,

The point is acknowledgement of the misdeed by the
actor, and only secondarily punishment. Significantly,
it is self-punishment.

In contrast, we have these guys who actually believe
that because a contract exists, they deserve rewards
regardless of what they've done.

What Grassley seems to want to change is the actors'
states of self-awareness.

David I
203-661-4798 (main number, follows me everywhere)
888-isen.com (toll free)
508-548-5924 (Woods Hole)
AIM, Skype, Y!IM: david_isenberg
http://isen.com/blog