Home page logo
/

interesting-people logo Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Ambrose Bierce on Corporations
From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 07:16:23 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ronald J Riley \(RJR Com\)" <rjr () rjriley com>
Date: March 24, 2009 5:42:54 AM EDT
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: RE: [IP] Ambrose Bierce on Corporations

This is cute but not necessarily true.

I have observed the bigger and older groups of people are, nonprofits,
church, corporate and government the more likely the organization is to do really nasty things to individuals or other small entities. It seems to be human nature that as the size of a group grows it is easier to rationalize
doing things to others that most of would never consider in a one on one
situation.

Now when I say most of us I am thinking of a fairly large group of humanity
which is capable of understanding rules but who lack the ability to
understand ethics and morality at the gut level.  For them a rule is
something one can slither around and try to subvert. It seems that these
people often rise to the top, as does many other forms of scum.

In the inventor community we get to see a steady stream of scum, starting with fraudulent invention promoters (ever see one of those commercials?), asset thieves who try to work their way into our businesses with an intent
to fleece us of our equity, and when we do finally hit it big patent
pirating transnational corporations (the worst ones are US spawned)step in to steal our property and then compound their theft by trying to demonize
the inventor and destroy their reputation.  Image having someone spend
hundreds of thousands or in some cases millions of dollars to trash your
reputation.

Ronald J. Riley,

Speaking only on my own behalf.
Affiliations:
President - www.PIAUSA.org - RJR act PIAUSA.org
Executive Director - www.InventorEd.org - RJR at InvEd.org
Senior Fellow - www.PatentPolicy.org
President - Alliance for American Innovation
Caretaker of Intellectual Property Creators on behalf of deceased founder
Paul Heckel
Washington, DC
Direct (810) 597-0194 / (202) 318-1595 - 9 am to 9 pm EST.