Home page logo
/

interesting-people logo Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Will on-line backup be evil, too?
From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:11:36 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ronald J Riley \(RJR Com\)" <rjr () rjriley com>
Date: March 27, 2009 1:01:49 PM EDT
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: RE: [IP] Re:   Will on-line backup be evil, too?

While I am not completely unsympathetic about the situation that small ISP providers are in I do think that at least some of their problems are do to excessive sales hype. The truth is that buying internet connectivity is a lot like buying airline tickets. In both cases the sellers play games about what they are delivering. Both oversell and then wonder why customers who
come up short are mad.

Ronald J. Riley,