Home page logo
/

isn logo Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Experts: Cyberspace could be next target
From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 06:15:47 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Ted Arthur <arcturous () hotmail com>

Is there any sort of reporting to verify these 'hundreds of computer
networks' which were broken into or the 'thousands of top-secret
files' that were swiped? This article reads as if the main concern is
the unclass network world wide, not the SIPRNET or even higher
classified networks which would be required to contain any top-secret
documents.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pilfering of thousands of documents
at the top-secret level might have put the intelligence community and
perhaps even oversight committees in an uproar that the American
public might have heard about. This sounds a little dramatic. But I
could be wrong.

Ted Arthur
Network Security and Vulnerabilities Division
United States Navy