Home page logo
/

isn logo Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Experts: Cyberspace could be next target
From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 06:46:51 -0500 (CDT)

Forward from: Dan Verton <Dan_Verton () computerworld com>

Ted,

I reported on this when it first happened and have a source in Moscow
who was, in fact, interviewed by the FBI in Russia shortly after this
news broke. So I think it is fair to say that although there is much
speculation about the nature of Moonlight Maze, and even if it every
really happened, something serious did occur that sparked an
investigation overseas. I would also add that I have been told that
our friends in Moscow have not been very cooperative at all. This, of
course, from a country that has become a toxic blend of crime and
business, and where cybercrime flourishes with government sponsorship.

I also don't have to tell you about the "connections" between NIPRNET,
SIPRNET, JWICS etc...  Officially, they're not there, but some of us
know better.

Dan Verton
Senior Writer
Computerworld
former intelligence officer

InfoSec News <isn () c4i org> on 10/11/2001 07:15:47 AM

Please respond to InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>