Information Security News
mailing list archives
CarolinaCon-10 / 2014 - Call for Presenters/Speakers
From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 08:52:47 +0000 (UTC)
Forwarded from: Vic Vandal <vvandal (at) well.com>
h4x0rs, stuff breakers, InfoSec pros, g33k girls, international spies, and
CarolinaCon-10 will occur on May 16th-18th 2014 in Raleigh NC (USA). We are
now officially accepting speaker/paper/demo submissions for the event.
If you are somewhat knowledgeable in any interesting field of hacking,
technology, robotics, science, global thermonuclear war, etc. (but mostly
hacking), and are interested in presenting at CarolinaCon-10, we cordially
invite you to submit your proposal. Please send;
- your name or handle/alias
- the presentation name/title
- a brief topic abstract (1-2 paragraphs)
- the estimated time-length of your presentation
- a brief bio (100% optional item, but if your talk is chosen it saves the time
and trouble of asking for it later)
....via e-mail to:
*NOTE: All submissions are due BY February 28, 2014. However we may be making
some early selections this year from amongst the submissions, so please be
timely in submission if you're committed to being part of the elite cadre of
chosen presenters. We value diversity so please don't hesitate to propose your
ideas no matter how outlandish.
If you present at the Con, you will receive;
- free CarolinaCon admission for you and one guest
- one free CarolinaCon-10 T-shirt (l33t)
- free transportation between RDU airport and the conference hotel (if needed)
- minimal fame, glory, and possibly even notoriety
- mad props and much love from our staff and attendees
SPONSORS and/or VENDORS:
We don't accept any, so please don't bother asking. Capitalism (what you
vendor/sponsor types do) and philanthropic knowledge-sharing (what we do) don't
mix in our opinion. We keep our admission price to the bare minimum to cover
our venue and equipment expenses. All of our staff are volunteers who
generously donate their time and energy. All of our presenters generously
donate their time and talent. The only items sold at CarolinaCon are a limited
quantity of single-design CarolinaCon t-shirts....and we only make and sell
those because attendees and staff want them (and because they're cool).
If you are interested in attending, watch this space for more details:
...and don't forget to mark the May 2014 dates on your calendar.
If you have any important (as in not-dumb and not-spam) inquiries about the
event you can send email to:
We look forward to seeing you at our 2014 event.
Dean Bushmiller teaches a great 5-Day CISM in Albany NY Dec. 2 6.
Call 327-937-9786 for details.
- CarolinaCon-10 / 2014 - Call for Presenters/Speakers InfoSec News (Dec 03)