Information Security News
mailing list archives
How To Protect Your Personal Information Online
From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:33:52 +0000 (UTC)
Jan 23, 2014
Following the recent data breach at retail giant Target, which exposed
credit card numbers and personal information of as many as 110 million
people, many Americans have grown concerned about their safety and privacy
online. Here is The Onion’s guide to keeping your personal information
secure from hackers:
* Always log into your Gmail account in person by traveling to Mountain
View, CA and letting the Google folks know it’s you.
* The key to protection is being informed about risks. If you receive a
suspicious-looking email, assiduously click on all the links and follow
their instructions to learn more about the threat.
* To keep your phone data safe at all times, never unlock your iPhone
* Publicly post sensitive personal information about close friends and
family to draw hackers away from you.
Subscribe to InfoSec News
- How To Protect Your Personal Information Online InfoSec News (Jan 24)