Home page logo
/

metasploit logo Metasploit mailing list archives

attacking against XP-SP2
From: fixer at gci.net (Charles Hamby)
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 21:15:30 -0800

Do you know which type of firewall?  Some of them don't do any outbound
filtering, in which case doing a reverse shell shouldn't present a
problem.  The fact that there is a firewall there yet you can still see
SMB makes me wonder if the firewall has been misconfigured.  Are you
scanning from a LAN environment (or the same subnet)?  That would
explain it.

-cdh

vajira ganepola wrote:

Hi,

When scannining against XP service pack2, firewall enabled machine, it
indicates its ports are closed exept for very few ( ex. SMB-445 )

Therefore deploying win32_bind payloads against XP-SP2 wouldnt work.

I wish to know whether I will be able to exploit XP-SP2 with
win32_reversebind payloads.

OR

would it be not possible at all, Since XP-SP2 doesnt support raw sockets.

Thanks

Vajira

  By Date           By Thread