Home page logo
/

metasploit logo Metasploit mailing list archives

Problem with meterpreter
From: buffer at softmedia.info (Angelo Dell'Aera)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:24:46 +0100

Il giorno Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:28:17 -0500
"Chuck Haines" <chaines at gmail.com> ha scritto:

Well, I know this isn't pretty, but I have figured out a hack to get
it to work.  If you locate the section where the stdapi is loaded
(where is does the require (clirb)) and get rid of the check, it
works.  stdapi is loaded just fine.  I know this gets rid of the
checking, but as a temporary solution till I can figure out more, it
works.  It seems the issue is something to do with require not
returning true, even though it loads the file just fine.  I'm not
entirely sure why this is.

BTW, this is the newest svn version (well as of like 10am EST
yesterday).


I realized the same behavior in the latest svn version. It seems a
subtle bug and it is due to this control

        if (require(clirb) =3D=3D true)

at line 415 in

lib/rex/post/meterpreter/ui/console/command_dispatcher/core.rb

as Chuck rightly pointed out. By simply substituting this line with

        if (require(clirb))

everything works fine.


Regards,

-- 

Angelo Dell'Aera 'buffer' 
Antifork Research, Inc.         http://buffer.antifork.org
Metro Olografix

PGP information in e-mail header


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mail.metasploit.com/pipermail/framework/attachments/20070221/e2d60715/attachment.pgp>


  By Date           By Thread  

Current thread:
[ Nmap | Sec Tools | Mailing Lists | Site News | About/Contact | Advertising | Privacy ]