Home page logo
/

metasploit logo Metasploit mailing list archives

Newb Question
From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:23:36 -0700

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 12:16:34PM -0800, J. M. Seitz wrote:
If I am in ntsd is there a quick way to search all memory for the string I
am using for an overflow? Is there an easy way of doing this? I know I can
use "sa" to search a region but I want to search the entire memory space. Do
you guys use something different after you initially determine you may have
found an exploitable bug?

You can use the 's' command to search the entire address space.  For
example, if your target is 32-bit:

sb 0 L?ffffffff 41 42 43 44

  By Date           By Thread