Home page logo
/

metasploit logo Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit on Windows
From: tim-pentest at sentinelchicken.org (Tim)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:56:28 -0500

My vote : we don't need a Cygwin bundle with Metasploit, but ensuring
compatibility with Cygwin is still useful for many people out there.

I'm not a fan of Windows or Cygwin, but if supporting that platform
means more security awareness and use of metasploit as a standard
framework, then by all means keep it around.

I don't know if anyone has explored the option of cross-compiling the
relevant libraries with MinGW.  I've got it to work on a few packages,
with relatively little pain, but other packages are very painful.  Just
depends on how the code is written.  Perhaps it would make packaging
binaries easier...?

tim

  By Date           By Thread