Home page logo
/

metasploit logo Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Bare-minimum requirements to run metaspoilt
From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 22:55:53 -0500

On 5/5/2010 10:33 PM, Jacky Jack wrote:
In one of my previous pentests, I found 2 sessions exploiting via VMWare.
Then metasploit hangs. I had to kill it and re-run it and no sessions
found any more whenever
I run again and again.

That may be a Metasploit bug, but its not a VMWare bug. The exception is
VMWare in host-only or NAT mode networking; both of these have trouble
with most security tools, including Metasploit.

-HD