Home page logo
/

metasploit logo Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: RHOST is now a mandatory field for an auxilary
From: Robin Wood <dninja () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 09:46:39 +0100

On 6 April 2010 01:51, HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com> wrote:
On 4/5/2010 5:48 PM, Robin Wood wrote:
My DHCP exhaustion module didn't use to have to have an RHOST set but
having just done an update it has become a mandatory field:

msf auxiliary(exhaust) > run
[-] Auxiliary failed: Msf::OptionValidateError The following options
failed to validate: RHOST.

if I set it to 0.0.0.0 the module works fine but seeing as I don't
need it how can I remove the mandatory flag or even better remove the
field as it isn't needed?

Options are defined by mixins; what mixins are you including?

The only mixin I'm using is Msf::Exploit::Capture which I need for
packet sniffing. Is it right that RHOST is a mandatory field for this
mixin?

Robin

-HD