Home page logo
/

metasploit logo Metasploit mailing list archives

WinExec payload?
From: Jun Koi <junkoi2004 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 13:38:02 +0800

hi,

i am using payload WinExec to test one vulnerable application (the
exploitation also comes from metasploit)

before launching the exploit, i put 2 breakpoints on WinExec and
GetProcAddress function of this application.
then i run the exploit, and it successes.

however, the problem is none of my breakpoints were triggered. this is a
surprise to me, as i supposed that the payload cannot work without using
these 2 functions. clearly i missed something there!

could anybody please tell me why this happens?

thanks a lot,
Jun