Home page logo
/

metasploit logo Metasploit mailing list archives

Uninstall metasploit on Ubuntu
From: Eric <dkn4a1 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:19:54 +0530

Hello,

How can one uninstall metasploit on ubuntu 12.04.
I was to install metasploit and due to some reason it failed. After a
reboot, when I was trying to install metasploit again, it showed:

   - /opt/metaploit-4.3.0 is present please change the directory name : I
   removed the directory completely and then tried again
   - script 'metasploit' is present, can not proceed : I removed the script
   /etc/init.d/metasploit
   - port 50505 is busy, can not proceed: and not I'm not able to stop the
   process 'prosvc' .... :-(

Is there no way to purge metasploit once installed?

Thanks,
Eric