Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Draft internic ip allocation doc
From: bmanning () ISI EDU
Date: Tue, 16 May 1995 16:03:26 -0700 (PDT)

No, I think he means longer. IN-ADDR.ARPA can only be delegated on octet
boundaries, so IN-ADDR for /16 and shorter prefixes will be delegated in /16
chunks. IN-ADDR for prefixes longer than /16 must still be maintained by the
root, since they cannot be delegated.

Silly me. I've been working with a tree that does non-octet delegations for
a few weeks and it has warpped my thinking.  You are correct that in todays
world, longer is right.  Sorry for the confusion.

--
--bill

  By Date           By Thread