Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: MAE-East
From: Nathan Stratton <nathan () netrail net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 14:51:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Oct 1995, Hans-Werner Braun wrote:
Ahem, my success rate at that has been less than stellar. If you guys
(you service providers, not you Sean) are so worried about being asked
questions in public (and short of com-priv, I see no more logical place
for this than NANOG if "local" questions don't work], why don't you
work on schemes to pro-actively publish performance data?

Ya, we are working on this and will have the data available via www and
ftp. I think the problem with most providers (sprint, mci, etc included)
is they don't want that info available to customers. My sprintlink connection
has been down countless times. It is not just sprint (sprint has one of
the best networks) my mci link has been down aslmost as much. And if I
looked at that info on a www page I would not pick them. We will have our
connection up a a few NAP's soon so I will see, we may be down just as much.

Nathan Stratton           CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Your Gateway to the World!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   sales () netrail net                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest