Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Motion for a new POST NSF AUP
From: "William Allen Simpson" <bsimpson () morningstar com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 95 08:13:54 GMT

From: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso () MIT EDU>
I disagree, strongly.  I think anti-spam messages, sent to the
postmasters of the respective ISP's that provide service to the
spammers, is perfectly acceptable.  Otherwise, there is no cost to the
ISP's for providing service to the spammers.

Good idea!  I've only been sending to the perpetrator (which sometimes
bounces).

As a matter of course, whenever I receive a spam, I will generally send
a complaint to postmaster at the originating site, or perhaps to the
ISP, if I can determine it.  In fact, I'm thinking about automating this
procedure, to decrease the amount of time that it takes for me to send
the complaint.

I also have a template file which I use to save time.

How do you automate finding the postmaster and ISP?  I cannot seem to
figure it out.

In the case of the "Janet Dove" spam, the two different months included
different headers: