Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Legislative Relief - was Re: Motion for a new POST NSF AUP
From: Paul Ferguson <pferguso () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 95 9:40:19 PDT

I would like to propose that we seek legislative relief from
this ever-increasing problem.  I have spoken with counsel and
now understand what is required to support the enactment of
federal legislation to prohibit the misuse of electronic mail
and Usenet news by unprincipled "spammers."

Eek. Do you _really_ want to get a bunch of shyster lawyers involved?
I would think that there must be any number of more platable courses of
action than this...

My $.02.

- paul

  By Date           By Thread