Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Legislative Relief - was Re: Motion for a new POST NSF AUP
From: "Larry J. Plato" <ljp () noc ans net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 19:03:36 +0000 (UTC)

On 15 Oct 95 at 15:24, George Herbert wrote:
Just as a warning, some of us on the recieving end of more than our fair
share of net abuse (the collected Usenet moderators) are starting to get
more than a little short fuzed about this.

I would like to propose that we seek legislative relief from
this ever-increasing problem.  I have spoken with counsel and
now understand what is required to support the enactment of
federal legislation to prohibit the misuse of electronic mail
and Usenet news by unprincipled "spammers."

I think the cure would be worse than the disease.  No lawyers
please,

Larry Plato

  By Date           By Thread