Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Other flapping prefixes. Compare and contrast.
From: "Michael F. Nittmann" <mn () ios com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 09:41:30 -0400 (EDT)

Well, after all this, can we then get say to a point where we define like
engineering guidelines.
This exists in machine engineering and everywhere else.

It would mean that certain types of access shouldbe designed in a certain
manner, and also explain why and what the impacts are (see my earlier
post, yes, everybody knows how to do this).

There are more points, not only this one: proxy agg, as path manipulation
etc.

This way a provider has at least the chance to check if his design is
'within the normal and customary'.

Since these things are no corporate secrets, how about giving it a corner
on the merit web sites?

I still maintain that public complaint about something that is between
providers, without (this is the point) constructive proposal of a
solution, is public whining. Well, you all seem to accept and like this,
we all have our views.

Mike