Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Status Report - Mail Bombing of World.std.com by Sprint Client + FAQ
From: ahp () hilander com ("Alec H. Peterson")
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 12:12:54 -0500

On Jan 6, 1997, Avi Freedman wrote:

This will cause Barry to SYN-flood himself.

The only way to block it is with incoming filters.

Agreed.  So, the question arises, why can't Barry do this?  It seems
to me to be the logical solution, since the source address is already
known.

--
|Alec Peterson - ahp () hilander com    | Erols Internet Services, INC.        |