Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Domain names for ISP infrastructure links
From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry () piermont com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 17:12:47 -0500

"Dorian R. Kim" writes:
On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Philip J. Nesser II wrote:

1.  I really like the addition of the final pop-router combo so its easy to
follow connections.  This has been missing in other suggestions so I am
curious as to what others think.

I'm puzzled. Connections go from router to router. How does it help to say
routerb-x-y-z-routerc.blah.net when routerc will show up as the next hop in
the traceroute?

I think it will help when routerc fails to show up as the next hop :)

Perry