Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

[no subject]

I have received a couple of these 3rd generation spams recently.

Mail authentication is not going to prevent hit and run 3rd generation
spams.

An additional feature (hehe) in sendmail that would hinder hit and run
operators would be flood suppression on a user by user basis (ibm.net
could have used this).  For example, a rule such that no user can send
more than 1000 messages per day (configurable of course).

Mike.

| Mike Leber             Direct Internet Connections     Voice 408 282 1540 |
| Hurricane Electric      Web Hosting & Co-location        Fax 408 971 3340 |
| mleber () he net                                           http://www.he.net |