Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: withdrawal propagation (was E.E. Times?)
From: "Justin W. Newton" <justin () erols com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 15:32:03 -0500

At 12:46 PM 1/14/97 -0500, Jon Zeeff wrote:

0) Is this a bug, does it cause any problem whatsoever?

If I'm not mistaken, lots of routers have had performance problems
caused by excessive rates of routing updates.

Or did I misread various previous messages to this list?

A BGP withdrawl for a route which is not in the routing table does not
cause the router to update any routes and is hence not a routing update.
I.e. removing a route that isn't there is not very processor intensive.

Justin Newton
Network Architect
Erol's Internet Services