Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: NSI bulletin 097-005 | Reissuing deleted domain names
From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () priori net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 17:02:26 -0700

On Jul 29, Taner Halicioglu <taner () isi net> wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, David H. Holtzman wrote:

Effective immediately, Network Solutions will reinstitute deletion of
unpaid domain names.

Hmm.  Does this mean immediate deletion?  As in, no ON-HOLD period?  Is
this wise, considering the many bookkeeping foul-ups that have caused
domains to go mistakenly ON-HOLD?  I know of at least 2 or maybe 3 of our
customers that have had this happen to them recently.

        I think that what David's saying is that the temporary halt
        of all deletions is over, and things are now back to normal.

        Whether that "normal" is good or bad is a flamewar for some
        other list.  *grin*

J.D. Falk                         voice: +1-415-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations      fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net
See us at ISPCON '97, booth #501
"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."