Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: how to protect name servers against cache corruption
From: "Thomas H. Ptacek" <tqbf () enteract com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 19:49:43 -0500 (CDT)

Noone in the security field has any right to expect any implementation of
DNS to be secure until DNSSEC is widely implemented.

I'm sorry if something I said misled you to believe otherwise.

So BIND 8.1.1 is NOT "immune" to the poisoned resource-record attack? I
ask because you specifically stated that it was. Sorry to nag, I'd just
like to see this clarified to the operations community.

Again, thanks for your time and patience!

Thomas Ptacek at EnterAct, L.L.C., Chicago, IL [tqbf () enteract com]
"If you're so special, why aren't you dead?"

  By Date           By Thread