Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: how to protect name servers against cache corruption
From: tqbf () smtp enteract com
Date: 30 Jul 1997 01:57:07 -0000

In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.970729213405.4111A-100000 () luna moonstar com>, you wrote:
Simply stating that there's a better way without Sending Code is a copout.

I realize I'm dragging this on, and I apologize, but:

It's totally valid to report a problem that affects the operations
community without providing a fix. Knowledge of the fact that a problem
exists is valuable, even without a cookbook resolution.

In this case, a few people (some not on this list) would like the
operations community to realize that there are, in fact, some very doable
attacks that remain unaddressed by BIND 8.1.1.

--
Thomas Ptacek at EnterAct, L.L.C., Chicago, IL [tqbf () enteract com]