Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: ANS etc.
From: "Douglas Jardine" <djardine () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 08:38:03 PDT

First, thanks for the replies.

[4] Some recent threads on NANOG discussed physical layer issues like
    SONET, SDH, circuit layout etc. Could somebody point me to
technical papers / articles / books which describe fiber and
copper technology in detail.

Ask in comp.dcom.telecom.tech.

Judging from the answers to this question, I gather I didn't phrase
the question correctly. What I am looking for some is practical
literature on fiber and copper technology - stuff which network
operators and designers need and use. I would have guessed there
would be an equivalent to say what the Stevens Books are to TCP/IP.

Or have most people on this list learnt their skill by experience
only?

-dj