Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: [nsp] known networks for broadcast ping attacks
From: "Craig A. Huegen" <c-huegen () quadrunner com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 14:52:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Jeffrey S. Curtis wrote:

==>(And to answer the proverbial "how do I configure my router for that"
==>in advance, the answer is that, at least on my boxes, the not-allowing-
==>broadcast-pings-through-as-broadcasts-onto-the-target-media thing is on
==>by default.  Source address filtering, however, is not.)

For Ciscos, "no ip directed-broadcast" on your interfaces will
prevent remote devices from sending directed broadcasts.  No guarantees
about applications it might break, though.

/cah

  By Date           By Thread