Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internic does it again
From: "Matthew James Gering" <mgering () ricochet net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:31 -0700

Because of the pending IPO, the InterNIC is in a 90 day quiet period. Even
if they have hired a PR person/group/agency, that entity couldn't really do
their job until after the IPO. I believe that this is an SEC regulation.

Bullshit. We are all customers of InterNIC, they are providing service under
contract with us. They have a right, and we have a right to demand that they
keep us informed on any issues that may affect that services. This is a
vendor/client issue, not a vendor/public issue. If they are forced to email
their customer base directly instead of posting on appropriate forums during
that 90 days then fine, but it is definitely something that should and needs
to be done.

        Matt

  By Date           By Thread