Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mae-WEST
From: Deepak Jain <deepak () jain com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 13:58:40 -0400 (EDT)

Or, lets say, an automatic network monitor (ALA SNMP) that tells them
when UPS power is about to run down (before the lights go out) so they
can roll their generator into place.

-Deepak.,

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Philip Steffora wrote:

I have a cage in the MFS Co-Lo and insisted on having a separate UPS from
the main.
While I never lost power today, my FDDI did go down.

This gets me thinking about the backup generator that is supposed to be
online.

Why didn't the generator kick-in before the UPS went down?

Perhaps the better question is if they have a functioning generator  ...
Anyone from MFS listening?

-ps