Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: weird BGP cisco-ism? [problem resolved]
From: "Dorian R. Kim" <dorian () blackrose org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 18:37:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Matthew Kaufman wrote:

 We peer with that provider directly, and can also see them via our transit
provider, and we have "summary-only" set in our BGP configuration. Every

I'd suggest moving away from "summary-only" aggregation. If you are a transit
network, and have customers who are multihomed numbered out of your CIDR
block, then you'd need to do aggregation without "summary-only" anyway, so
it's a good thing to move towards even in general case if you are a transit
network.

You can remove the specifics at the edges of your network either via community
based filtering or prefix based filtering. The former is much more flexible
and is the one I'd recommend.

-dorian

  By Date           By Thread