Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Domain Name NASA.COM
From: Bill Woodcock <woody () zocalo net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 00:59:46 -0700 (PDT)

    Um, yeah, certainly nobody's going to mistake _that_ for anything put
    up by the National Air and Space Administration.  :-)

    I'm curious why they picked the letters "nasa" though, if not to
    attract accidental hits, which _would_ violate the spirit of the law?
    I was expecting it to be something like the National Association of
    Something Arbitrary, where there would be clear reason for use of the
    name, and clearly no conflict.

                         -Bill Woodcock