Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: what's up, AlterNIC?
From: Jeremy Porter <jerry () fc net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 23:51:02 -0500

In message <199707140324.UAA04837 () wisdom rc vix com>, Paul A Vixie writes:
(which he never seems
to feed, sigh)?

you don't know the half of it.  i've got 25 people receiving the feed and
another 50 to add.

Paul, maybe you should ask some of the current 25 people benefiting from
the feed to share some risk, by allowing them to redsitribute it to selected
parties.  I realize the additional legal issues with allowing redistribution,
but personally, I'm getting pretty sick of the 6-10 spams a day
I now get, and unfortunatly the best filtering solutions I have
can't help all hosts.  We have almost universally received positive
is forced spammers to using relaying, and that problem doesn't look
to be fixed for another 1-2 years at the current rate.

---
Jeremy Porter, Freeside Communications, Inc.      jerry () fc net
PO BOX 80315 Austin, Tx 78708  |  1-800-968-8750  |  512-458-9810
http://www.fc.net

  By Date           By Thread