Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Another UUNET Explanation
From: Chad Skidmore <cskidmore () dsource com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 16:04:32 -0700

Here is a message that we received from UUNET today.  It seems that they
are full of various explanations.

        July 01, 1997

        Dear UUNET Customer,

        Please accept our apologies if you have experienced any service
        interruptions over the past 24 hours.  The cause of these
problems has
        been traced to a software defect within our Cascade Frame Relay
network.

        UUNET is working closely with Cascade to fully understand the
cause and
        effects of these problems and is in the process of identifying a
permanent
        fix. This may include rapidly deploying new software into the
network.

        We will provide periodic updates throughout the day as further
information
        becomes available.  Routing instabilities may continue at a
diminished
        capacity over the next 24-48 hours as switches receive updates.

        Thank you for your patience during this period. Again, we
apologize for
        any inconvenience which these outages may have caused you or
your
        customers.

        Sincerely,

        UUNET Technologies, Inc.