Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: root nameserver problems ?
From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () scfn thpl lib fl us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:20:41 -0400

On Thu, Jul 17, 1997 at 05:13:09AM -0700, bmanning () ISI EDU wrote:
Roy, methinks you are a bit hasty here.  j-m have never had tlds present.
And the other servers are being corrected as we "speak".  But then, perhaps
you don't have a problem reloading your servers every couple hours or so...

Maybe I'm just too much of a babe in the woods, but I don't think he's
being a _bit_ hasty.  AFAIC, root nameservers are the quintessence of
"mission critical", and the Internet simply is _not_ a geek toy anymore;
it actually _matters_.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
The Suncoast Freenet      "People propose, science studies, technology

  By Date           By Thread